- Cities and towns: are defined by walls and towers
- Catherdrals: defined by many windows and heavy decoration
- Castles: defined by battlements, narrow windows, lack of decoration
- Doorways: exagerated to make room for people to enter or emerge.
- Building colors: grey, green, pink, tan, ochre, white, and brown.
- Rooftops: grey or blue lead or pink or orange tile, sometimes thatch.
- Hint: Paint the planes of the walls then add details on top with a pen and ink.
Detail of roof and clearstory